Saturday, January 23, 2010

my personal genius is inconvenient sometimes

My genius came and kicked me in the head with an awesome poem at 4 o'clock this morning but I told him, "No! sleep is more important."

Why is it that the genius comes at inconvenient times like 5 o'clock traffic or during sex or when you're in an important meeting at the office? Doesn't he know that I have a life to live?

Alas, I lost the poem. Genius, I welcome you some other time today when I can actually record what you've given me. Like this song I woke with in my head at 8 am today. It goes like this:

The chords of the song are indicated with the parentheses. (A)

(A) A.J. wears kitchen (G) shorts, but (D) sometimes he likes to wear a (A) skort.
A.J. wears kitchen shorts, but sometimes he likes to wear a skort.

I need to come up with a second verse, but dammit, that's awesome enough to stand on its own.

I'm thinking about channeling some of my dark infused poetry with happy, nonsensical children's poems that can be turned into songs. And I'll move to California, learn how to be a ventriloquist like Shari Lewis, and have a bevy of animal sock puppets. She was awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment