Friday, January 8, 2010

Dark chore

one, two, then sometimes three
the rib count is only a piece of me
they find when searching in innocent hug
they bring me in, they sometimes tug.

To see how much of me is left
Before they postpone that eminent bereft
Feeling they may find if I demise
While I disappear before their very eyes

The flesh is only an outer shell
Each part I shed of a personal hell
Like snake skin I shed a little more
Its why I take on this painful chore

To make the internal seem so real
A pain that's not what I want to conceal
Because each part of me I shed
Is a symbol of what has come to head

Its not the outside I want to rid
Instead the pain concealed within
If the external can leave before I do
Then maybe I'll find that inevitable clue

Of what will make me whole again
Naked like Eve with her original sin
Kamikaze am I on the battlefield
Fading away is only part of the shield

Its not the way I wanted to fight
But perhaps the only way I might
Fight external forces on the battlefield
And with it comes that iron force shield

If only that layer in me could be cracked
Then the demons in battle might soon be sacked
And pillaged like my minions within my soul
If they can be reached maybe she would be whole

Again if in the past she ever was
To find the answer is her greatest cause
It would be preferable to not end in defeat
And find my body a slab of meat

To rot away in premature style
I'm still so young, I haven't had a while
To think about this life we all lead
Instead obsessed with this devil's creed

That fights with me each every day
A struggle with him, and I'm forced to slay
Him on my own, its what I do
And unrecognizable he'll be when I'm through

Content within my own white skin
Perhaps I'll have a chance to begin again
And find what makes me whole once more
Instead of catering to this painful chore.

No comments:

Post a Comment