Thursday, November 12, 2009

Together as one

I wrote a song WITH lyrics this time. The tune is easy, Am, E then progression at A to chorus.
F, D, G, repeat. Followed by E7, F then back to original progression with Am.

Lyrics go like this:

I hear the footsteps down the hallway

I turned to look but no one’s there

I hear the voices there behind me

But there was no one there.

And summer fog was thick as winter

No one around to see or hear

And in that summer the flowers wilted

I swallowed

my tears.

I swallowed all my tears

And in a crowd of a thousand people

Marching together for their cause

But in that crowd I’m a lost soul

I was never there.

And summer fog was thick as winter

No one around to see or hear

And in that summer the flowers wilted

I swallowed

my tears.

I swallowed all my tears.

I am my own best companion

She will always be with me

Hand in hand we went together

And we were free

So completely free.

And the summer fog was clearly lifted

The sun shone down from skies above

And not a single flower wilted

We were together

As one

Together we were one.

No comments:

Post a Comment