Thursday, November 19, 2009

new website, meditations

In a melancholy haze I removed my old website and decided I would never paint again. I know, I know, "artist" you think. Sad, melancholy, emo artist.

Someone had said something to me to absolutely crush my soul and spirit and I couldn't dream of embarrassing myself again the way I have been doing the entirety of my life. But, as my work in progress, after meditating and finding myself again, I am recreating website.

www.meggibbs.com

This seems to give away my pseudonym on this blog, so hopefully my 2 followers won't tell anyone it's me. Enjoy my mediocrity. They're going to have to deal with me anyways... and seriously, there are way worse artists out there than me.

When I run I meditate. Something about the "left, right, left, right" matra that goes into my head when the mp3 player dies that is akin to "om" that seems to clear my head and bring me to my destined path in life. "left, right, left, right" feet pound on pavement, treadmill, whatever. Thoughts enter my head so I run faster, harder, until the only thoughts are those relating to my immediate body. Pain. Soreness. Wimp. You can go faster than this. You are powerful... then the run is enjoyable.

They say that if you fake a smile while running, enduring pain, or lifting weights, etc. that the "smile" will trick your brain into thinking that you're doing something enjoyable. This sometimes works... either that or the absurdity of knowing I'm smiling or seeing my smiling face in a gym mirror makes me feel like Heath Ledger's joker. Creepy.

But funny. And so strength builds and i move on... and meditate. And my problems are solved at least temporarily until the endorphins wear off.


No comments:

Post a Comment