Thursday, October 1, 2009

Good day

Ostentatious little one
Who wears the childish grin
I wonder what will happen
If we can begin again

A man when I once met you
Now a little boy
What was I initially
but another shiny new toy?

So full of hope and inspiration
You are now because of me
I have been your back door wife
I have been your giving tree

But what says she now
Oh neglected wife
Does this boy take care of you
Or should a man rule your life?

Find solace sister,
As they're all the same
They know not what they are
Its all one big parlor game.

Where people are puppets
Some like to wear masks
Others void as empty coffins
The machine accomplishes their tasks.

So now my boy-man
What am I to do?
Wait for you to grow into a tree
So that I might stay with you?

Leave me stale no more, boy.
That is not my way
You may meet me in my journey
Or to you I say, "good day."

No comments:

Post a Comment