Thursday, March 4, 2010

pop

And tonight I am tired
I can't do this anymore
Despite all this diligent work
Its just a useless chore.
I'll spend my nights in silence
I don't want to hear from you again
Or see any other people
Or see any other men.
I remember now why I've always
Hidden. And why I've been silent
I don't care of your motives
Or anything you might have meant.
Let's call the whole thing off
I won't summon any god
God's a father that ignores me
Like those other people have.
It's time for an intervention
It's time for her to stop
She can't tolerate any more of this
Her bubble's about to pop.
My horse never came to me
For me to ride upon his back
This makes me feel inadequate
Is there something more I lack?
I just wanted a little something
A little sugar in my bowl
I won't wait for you honey baby
To come and save my soul.
But I'm not sorry for myself
I'm not on my pity pot
Just realizing what it is
And true it is a lot.
A lost cause, wasted time
I've given too much of it
As my grandma used to say
"I'm so angry I could spit."
But its just my fault tonight
It doesn't really matter
I'll save it for the morning
Or maybe choose the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment